INFORMATION about the Scenario:
PC in question is IBM T41 (other pc's at work also getting issue)
O/S = Windows XP Pro SP 2
Issue: computer freezes with the error message below.
Last known changes: Cisco Security Agent V4.5 build 565
Issue Happens: whenever regardless of what apps are running or not
running, usually upon when the pc is just turned on and
user logs on.

*****vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv ERROR MESSAGE vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Windows delayed write failed:
Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \device\harddisk\volume1\$mft.
The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.
*******^^^^^^^^^^^ Error Message ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So my question is, is there anyone that is familiar with Cisco Security Agent V4.5 build 565 and have known to have issue with the above error message. Or it could it be that the error message is caused by something else.

thanks in advance.

INFORMATION about the Scenario:
PC in question is IBM T41 (other pc's at work also getting issue)
O/S = Windows XP Pro SP 2
Issue: computer freezes with the error message below.
Last known changes: Cisco Security Agent V4.5 build 565
Issue Happens: whenever regardless of what apps are running or not
running, usually upon when the pc is just turned on and
user logs on.

*****vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv ERROR MESSAGE vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Windows delayed write failed:
Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \device\harddisk\volume1\$mft.
The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.
*******^^^^^^^^^^^ Error Message ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So my question is, is there anyone that is familiar with Cisco Security Agent V4.5 build 565 and have known to have issue with the above error message. Or it could it be that the error message is caused by something else.

thanks in advance.

I never saw this error message until today, when I successfully ( I think) removed a trojan from my hard drive. In fact I was amazed to see the amount of junk that was removed along with it. It might be entirely possible that some threads of the trojan are left and causing the error message. Any thoughts??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.