I am having a problem with accessing the internet through Internet Explorer.

When running a Diagnose Connection Problems it advises that the webpage I am trying to connect to is not set up to establish a connection on port World Wide Web Service. This happens regardless of what website I try to view. I have also tried pinging an address and the same thing happens.

I am running on Windows Vista Home Edition. I have tried deleting all browser information, cookies etc. I have also tried running a selective startup however I am still unable to display an internet page and it continues to give the same reasoning.

I am able to retrieve and send e:mails through Windows Mail and I am also able to connect to the wireless router with an alternative laptop and the internet works fine.

I do have Norton Anti Virus uploaded and I have run a full system scan with nothing detected and I have turned off all the firewall and spyware settings but it still won't connect to the internet.

I am thinking it is something and nothing but can't figure it out does anyone have any suggestions?

Contributors
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jholland1964

Not sure what browser edition you have but have you clicked File and looked to be sure that Work Offline has NO check mark next to it?

Attachments work_offline.jpg 26.61 KB
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.