thanks so much!!but i still cant get rid of A0059569.exe..it doesn't matter right?what does this virus do?it will appear during the ad-adware scan.Only the exe file.thanks alot!!
Did you have A0059569.exe scanned at Jotti? What were the results?
it doesn't matter right?
It does matter. If an anti-virus or anti-spyware program detects an infected file on your computer, you should definitely delete it. Even if an infected file seems to be "dormant" at the moment, it could be triggered back into action at some point in the future. This is especially true of infections hiding in your System Volume Information folder, because that's where Windows stores the backup files that it uses for its System Restore feature. If you ever have to use System Restore to recover from a problem, any infected files in the Restore folders can get reinstalled along with the "good" Restore files.
Following the instructions given in the link that dlh6213 posted should have deleted the contents of the System Volume Information folder, but if not, you can try to manually delete the infected files by doing the following:
1. The System Volume Information folder is a hidden folder; make it visible by opening Windows Explorer and in the Folder Options->View settings under the Tools menu, select "show hidden files and folders", and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and "Hide extentions for known file types".
2. In Explorer, browse/search for the infected files and delete them by hand.
3. Make sure to empty your Recycle Bin after deleting the files.
what does this virus do?
We can't tell that from the information you've posted; the names that AVG is giving you are just the names of infected files, not the names of the infections themselves. Open AVG and look at the test/scan report; that might tell you the exact name of the infection.
thanks guys..i think the problem is gone!!Whenever i scan with ad-aware and AVG,the results will be a 'clean' one.Thanks so much for all the trouble!!thanks again!
I'm glad that finally seems to have worked. :)
Now that your system is clean, here are a few things you can/should do to minimize your chances of future virus/malware infections:
1. Enable Windows Automatic Update function to keep your system as up-to-date as possible with the most current Microsoft security and bug fixes.
2. Stop using Internet Explorer as your web browser. Because IE is so closely tied into the Windows operating system itself and contains so many security flaws, switching to another browser such as Netscape, Firefox, or Opera will reduce the avenues through which spyware/adware/hijackers/etc. can infect your computer.
3. Install preventative utilities such as SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard (links are in my sig below), especially if you absolutely have to continue using Internet Exploder. These utilities protect areas of your system known to be vulnerable to malicious attacks. IE-SPYAD is another helpful tool; it can be downloaded here:
4. Tighten up some of Internet Explorer's existing, default settings to make it more secure. Some info on that can be found here: http://tomcoyote.org/ieoe.php
5. Obviously-install a good anti-virus program and enable its "auto-protect" and email-scanning features.
6. Install a stand-alone firewall program such as Zone Alarm, Sygate Personal Firewall, or Kerio Personal Firewall, or purchase the "Internet Security" packages offered by Symantec and McAfee.
7. None of your utilities are of much good if you don't check for updates frequently; updates for anti-spyware/anti-virus programs can be released as often as every two or three days.
This thread is now closed. If you need it reopened, please send a PM to one of our Mods.
Include the link to the thread and detail why you need it reopened.
If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.
One type of SQLIA is UNION Query and I still do not completely understand what is the point.
SELECT Name, Address FROM Users WHERE Id=$id by
injecting the following- ...
I am trying to understand prepared statement and what it does.
"Prepared statements ensure that an attacker is not able to change the intent of a query, even ...
Computer won't turn on cpu light isn't blinking but power light is blinking monitor is like computer is in sleep mode key board num lock light is on but can't ...