I am having a problem deleting or sending e-mails using yahoo mail. I can receive e-mails no problem. I tried to create a new account in yahoo and cannot do that. I had a friend access my e-mail account from her computer and the account works just fine. Any ideas where I can start looking on my computer for possible problems? Thanks for any help.

I am having a problem deleting or sending e-mails using yahoo mail. I can receive e-mails no problem. I tried to create a new account in yahoo and cannot do that. I had a friend access my e-mail account from her computer and the account works just fine. Any ideas where I can start looking on my computer for possible problems? Thanks for any help.

Hi! For the last month, I've had this problem. Finally had to take my computer in to have it checked out. Turns out that my Internet Explorer settings had been tampered with. Since I hadn't changed the settings (and no one else could have), we are theorizing that a virus came in, changed the settings, and subsequently got deleted by my antivirus program. But of course, the settings didn't get returned to normal! Here's what to do:

1. Delete temporary internet files and cookies
2. Clear the history
3. Go to the Advanced tab and click the Restore Defaults button
4. Close the internet explorer window, and when you run it again, hopefully it will work. It did for me!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.