Hi
apologies for not getting back to you sooner - moved house last week and was offline for a few days too - but Im back now.
Sorry but the pc has been returned so can't finish the steps you suggest.
However believe it or not I now have another one that has the same problem (word gets round) so will go thru the same steps as above to see how I get on.
Is it ok to continue with this thread? (And can I run ComboFix again, or let you know first?)

NO Don't run Combofix. I would have to see all logs first before that decision is made. That tool is only for specific infections so no, don't run or download Combofix unless told to do so.
It would be much better if you begin a New thread for this new computer. It would be too confusing for others and myself really, reading this thread.
Begin a new thread and go from there using the steps given on our Read Me Sticky. http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread134865.html

Am starting a new thread for a pc that is infected with a similar virus.
Thanks to jhjolland1964 for his continued and patient assistance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.