soo ive got what is pry a common problem witch i hope to learn a lot about i am into computers and i did what a lot of people have probably done. I didnt think i would ever get a virus/infection. But i did. i would like to ask for the help of the computer gurus on this site for some help in educating me and helping me solve a malacious problem. problem one. When clicking a google link it sends me to an advertisment.
Problem two. Windows Media Player opens and when i exit out it opens again immediatly.
I dont have any security settings because they slow everything down and now i see tht it was a big mistake. any of you have any solutions or previous experience with kasperskys? i am able to get that if it is worth it but it is slow. Thanks for all help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Have you tried Panda Security ?
I have Panda Global Protection 2010
The protection is great and if you get a license for your computer you have all kinds of features that are backed by 24-hr customer support.
Just go to www.pandasecurity.com Or
try there Active Scan 2.0 that scans your computer and Cleans it @ :
http://www.pandasecurity.com/activescan/index/?track=100741
Hope it helps if not we will find the answer to your Malicious Problem

soo ive got what is pry a common problem witch i hope to learn a lot about i am into computers and i did what a lot of people have probably done. I didnt think i would ever get a virus/infection. But i did. i would like to ask for the help of the computer gurus on this site for some help in educating me and helping me solve a malacious problem. problem one. When clicking a google link it sends me to an advertisment.
Problem two. Windows Media Player opens and when i exit out it opens again immediatly.
I dont have any security settings because they slow everything down and now i see tht it was a big mistake. any of you have any solutions or previous experience with kasperskys? i am able to get that if it is worth it but it is slow. Thanks for all help.

Kaspersky anti-virus is the best among the rest for me. It is the Anti-Virus used at Pent****. But it also depends on the specifications of your desktop/laptop/compaq/ipaq...if it is too low specs, it may not function well with kaspersky/it may function slow.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.