I have a virus called "Secuity Tool" and it wont let me open or download any of my programs can someone please help.
Hi and welcome to the Daniweb forums :).
Please download and run the below tool named Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) which may help allow other programs to run.
There are 4 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
Vista and Win7 users need to right click Rkill and choose Run as Administrator
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.
- * Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
* A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
* If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
* If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
* Do not reboot until instructed.
* If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
Once you've gotten one of them to run then try to immediately run the following.
Now download and run exeHelper.
- * Please download
exeHelper from Raktor to your desktop.
* Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
* A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
* A log file named log.txt will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com
* Attach the log.txt file to your next message.
Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).
Now download and run those tools from the READ ME at the top of the forum and post the logs please.