I have been using spybot s and d for several months. Tonight Windows defender popped up and said I had trojandownload threat. I removed it. I went to run my spybot and I get a pop up that says windows cannot access the specified path or file and that I dont have permissiion to run it. I used it yesterday. Also yahoo is my browser and it automatically goes to google and none of the normal stuff is coming up when I search. What should I do?

What anti-virus program do you use, what firewall? Do the following:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBA-M) to your Desktop.

* DoubleClick mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install MBA-M.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt.

Reboot the computer.
Please Run the ESET Online Scanner and attach the ScanLog with your post for assistance.

* You will need to use Internet Explorer to to complete this scan.
* You will need to temporarily Disable your current Anti-virus program.

* Be sure the option to Remove found threats is checked and the option to Scan unwanted applications is Checked.
* When you have completed that scan, a scanlog ought to have been created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please post that log for us as directed below.

Right click on the desktop. Choose New Folder name it HiJackThis Folder.
Then download HiJackThis to that HJT folder.
Do a full system scan with HJT and save the log.
Post all three logs from Malwarebytes,ESET Scan and HJT
Judy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.