LindaHewitt 0 Newbie Poster

I have spent over a month trying to resolve this issue. All of the security programs have been run (Ad-Aware, SpyBot, MS Anti-Spyware, SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard) and everything has come up clean.

IE 6.x works until I try to access Windows Update then a new window opens and then closes almost immediately without any type of message.

The same thing happens when I try to run the Microsoft Security Analyzer, IEFix and the Microsoft Malicious Malware Removal Tool. The same thing also occured when I tried to do an online AV scan at the Panda site. Running any of these tools or Windows Update all require IE, so the option of converting to FireFox is not viable. It is also puzzling as to why IE works when surfing to other websites.

Having done a Google search, this appears to be a long standing problem for IE but I can not find any diagnosis or remedy for this problem.

My guess is that the system either has a trojan or some other form of malware or IE has become corrupted. Yuk

I would appreciate any insight and help that anyone can provide.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Linda

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.