May be immaterial, I don't know, but are you the only person who has been using this computer, now during the clean up and previously?
I ask because there are other File Sharing programs installed on the computer, uTorrent and Limewire are both on there. I'm just wondering how imesh would get there without somebody downloading it.

Tried that, nowhere to delete source file. Did a search to find source file and these were the results:

imeshare.dll C:\WINDOWS\system32
imeshare.dll C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386
imeshNAG C:\WINDOWS\Tasks
Continue imesh installation (shortcut) C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop

What now?

After asking a few people in the house, looks like imesh may have been downloaded accidentally through something else. Can you please tell me how to delete the programme when I can't find where it is? Other than that, everything seems to be fine. Thanks for all your help

Go here http://www.billsway.com/vbspage/ and download, unzip and run the Registry Search Tool.

• Type imesh in the dialog box.
  • Let it run and after a few minutes, a prompt will appear.
  • Click OK to write the results to Notepad and post them here.

===============

Please download FileFind from Atribune:
http://www.atribune.org/downloads/FileFind.zip

Unzip the file and save it to your desktop.

To run FileFind, please do the following:

• Click on FileFind.exe
  • In the box labeled "Enter the directory to search"
  • Enter Drive eg.. C:\
  • In the box labeled "Enter the file to search"
  • Enter the file imesh
  • Now click on the "Find" button
  • Once the utility has found the files click on "Export"
  • This will save a text file to your C:\ drive as "Export.txt"
  • Double click on Export.txt, copy and paste this information in your next post.

Ran through registry search tool:

REGEDIT4
; RegSrch.vbs © Bill James

; Registry search results for string "imesh" 2011-01-16 20:42:43

; NOTE: This file will be deleted when you close WordPad.
; You must manually save this file to a new location if you want to refer to it again later.
; (If you save the file with a .reg extension, you can use it to restore any Registry changes you make to these values.)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{CBA7818E-DD9A-4AD9-BA8C-F3C955F8149A}]
@="INMPCRTTimeShift"

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-682003330-616249376-725345543-1004\Software\Microsoft\Search Assistant\ACMru\5603]
"000"="imesh"

"C:\\Documents and Settings\\user\\Local Settings\\Temporary Internet Files\\Content.IE5\\UX3N7GFR\\iMeshV10[1].exe"="iMesh "

"C:\\Documents and Settings\\user\\Local Settings\\Temporary Internet Files\\Content.IE5\\UX3N7GFR\\iMeshV10[1].exe"="iMesh "
"C:\\DOCUME~1\\user\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\mia170C.tmp\\iMesh_V10_en_Setup.exe"="iMesh "

"C:\\DOCUME~1\\user\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\iMesh_setup.exe"="iMesh "

"C:\\DOCUME~1\\user\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\mia2.tmp\\iMesh_V10_en_Setup.exe"="iMesh
Then ran other find file program. No results.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.