Hello every one, I'm new to this community and I'm hoping that someone here can help me to solve my problem.

What's happening is that I have recently installed ghostsurf platinum 2005 and for some reason it won't let me connect to IE or msn messenger, I have read the instructions more than once and according to what it says there, ghost surf configures the system by default, so IE and MSN messenger can work without me having to configure them manually. But I have tried for days to find out what's going on and it's just impossible to get ghostsurf, IE, and msn messenger working at the same time.

If ghostsurf is turned off, then I'm able to use both IE and msn messenger with no problems, but I don't see the point of having ghost surf if I'm only going to be alble to surf the web or use msn messenger when ghostsurf is not running.

Can someone please help ??

thank you.

sincerely:

Capt_fire

Ghost Surf is pointless. It just adds proxies to your system, which affect connectivity. Its not that special. I recommend uninstalling, and requesting a refund for whatever you paid for it.

There are free proxies online if your interested (a google search for it "free proxies" would show lists of servers)

Ghost Surf is pointless. It just adds proxies to your system, which affect connectivity. Its not that special. I recommend uninstalling, and requesting a refund for whatever you paid for it.

There are free proxies online if your interested (a google search for it "free proxies" would show lists of servers)

I AGREE WITH YOU, AND I WILL DO THAD IMMEDIATELY !

THANK YOU !

Capt_Fire

Um...there are a number of reasons why "proxy onlines" can be a problem (see wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server#Risks_of_using_anonymous_proxy_servers )

Overall, I've found Ghost Surf 2005 to be a good, user-friendly product with some very nice features. That said, I do not think it powerful enough to be considered one of the best products. But it is not a bad product either, and I do not think that it is "pointless."

This brings us to MICROSOFT. What capt_fire was experiencing here is a COMPATIBILITY issue. Ghost Surf functions perfectly well with other browsers out there, such as FIREFOX, so the fault I think is to be found as much with Microsoft as with Ghost Surf. And, when it comes down to it, lets just face it: Microsoft does not exactly have a clean record when it comes to Internet Privacy right. The company is known for its over-controlling and restrictive practices, it has had numerous such compatibility issues with countless companies---not to mention that Microsoft has been in numerous lawsuits by several governments and other companies for unlawful monopolistic practices.

Regardless of what's one opinion about the usefulness of a product such as Ghost Surf might or might not be, the point of the matter is that Ghost Surf works with FIREFOX and it just doesn't with Internet Explorer. And Microsoft has not addressed the issue. If like dygital, above, one feels a product like Ghost Surf is "pointless" (as this may or may not be the case), well, I guess uninstalling the product will certainly "fix" the issue insofar as dygital is concerned, BUT the point of the matter, here, it seems to me, is that one, who chooses to use Ghost Surf, should have the freedom to do so as an option without Microsoft tyrannically deciding for them what it is they can or cannot use on their platform or their browser. Myself, I've switched to Firefox several years ago, already, but I am not about to suggest that the solution to cap_fire's problem is to "uninstall" Internet Explorer and switch to Firefox, lol, which would probably be as good an advice as the one he/she was given. Overall, although cap_fire's issue might have been resolved to his/her satisfaction (insofar as he/she is concerned), the question has not really been answered. Or the question, basically, was dodged. There is a compatibility issue between Microsoft IE and Ghost Surf 2005, and one should be able to fix it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.