i think this is an unusual problem.

several months ago, i embarked on a mission to clean up my pc, remove spyware, adware viruses etc as best i could.

iirc, i came across this process 'svcihos1at.exe' in my task manager.

i created a Notepad file, and named it 'svcihos1at'.

afterwards i deleted the svcihos1at.exe with the assistance of several spy/adware removal programs.

but, unfortunately, the Notepad file i created transformed into an Application. and now i cannot remove it from my desktop - every time i attempt to delete it i get the message:

"Cannot delete svcihos1at: It is being used by another person or program.

Close any programs that might be using the file and try again."

i do not know if it is causing any problems with my computer. the only existing file by the name "svcihos1at" is this one. and it loacted on my desktop - and nowhere else.

how do i delete this file? please help! :)

Download HijackThis self-extracting zip version from here. Once downloaded, double click on the file & it will install into it's own, permanent folder.
Start HJT & press the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. When the scan is finished a window will pop up giving you the option of where to save it. Save it to desktop where it is easy to access. Open the log file and copy the entire contents of the file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is necessary for the running of your system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.