Hello everyone

I use SB Search and Destroy, started using it reciently when I realized that from the huge amount of online game lag on ontherwise great servers ment that my Microsoft AntiSpyware wasn't beeing totally true about there being 0 problems. Lo and behold I blasted 40 some the system didn't detect before. But now I have a few reoccuring ones.

I had an issue with CoolWWWSearch.HomeSearch, but I got rid of that myself by opening the file fwxlh.log, the virus' own file, and deleting everying written there (wouldn't let me do it any other way, it would simply not be removed) and saving over it.

Once that was gone, a few other reoccuring ones have shown themselves.

Formost is WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride, an annoying little thing I can't shake off. Apparently it lowers all your security settings and lets more stuff into your system. Well its doing just that because even if I scan, and "fix" it, reboot, its still there when I scan again, along side a few like WebTrends live, MediaPlex,DoubleClick, and Avenue A. Inc.

I'm a big online gamer and have figured out that these things are causing horrendous lag on my PC (its not the system, nor is it my connection those are fine) and are causing pop ups to appear at random, which are annoying and probobly damaging in the long term. I was hoping that somebody here would be able to cite how to remove these annoying little pests before I take a hammer to my hard drive...

Regards,
Kiba

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Download and run CWShredder to get rid of Coolwwwsearchcrap: http://www.trendmicro.com/ftp/products/online-tools/cwshredder.exe

If you are using winXP, or Win2000, then download a trial version of Ewido, and see what it finds. You can download a trial version of Ewido here: http://www.ewido.net/en/

Be sure you update it before using it, and when it finds a problem, be sure to select the check box to do the same action (clean) when it finds a problem, otherwise, you will have to click continue, to keep scanning with every problem it finds.

Hello everyone

I use SB Search and Destroy, started using it reciently when I realized that from the huge amount of online game lag on ontherwise great servers ment that my Microsoft AntiSpyware wasn't beeing totally true about there being 0 problems.

Formost is WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride, an annoying little thing I can't shake off. Apparently it lowers all your security settings and lets more stuff into your system. Well its doing just that because even if I scan, and "fix" it, reboot, its still there when I scan again, along side a few like WebTrends live, MediaPlex,DoubleClick, and Avenue A. Inc.

Kiba

WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride is not as annoying as Windows Automatic Update is to me. In my case 'WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride' is cause by turning off automatic updates.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.