I have little problem with my ESET smart security v.126.96.36.199 At first when I installed this software everything worked ok but after only one week ESET icon in bottom right corner of the screen had turn red and antivirus is showing message "Maximum protection is not ensured" Using Google I find page which describes why protection status icon goes red:
Red - Maximum protection is not ensured
A red Protection status icon with a white exclamation point displays when maximum protection is not ensured and your computer is vulnerable to threats. Generally, you will see an alert message explaining why maximum protection is not ensured and recommending actions to take. One or both of the Antivirus and antispyware or the Personal firewall modules may have red exclamation points next to them.
* Product not activated: This problem is signaled by a red warning and a security notification next to the Computer item. You can activate ESET Smart Security from the program menu using the Product activation option. The program menu is located in the top right-hand corner of the main menu.
* Username and Password not entered correctly: If your Protection status icon turns red immediately after you install ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus, check to make sure your username and password are entered correctly. A typo in the username or password fields will prevent your ESET security product from updating.
* If one of your ESET security product's critical protection modules is disabled, such as Real-time file system protection, the protection status icon will turn red. Visit the following ESET Knowledgebase article for more information about how to exclude certain files from Real-time file system scanning without disabling the module entirely. How do I exclude certain files or folders from Real-time scanning? (5.x)
* License is expired: The Protection status icon will turn red after your license has expired. Click here for instructions on renewing your license.
* Protection status icon is red because your ESET Personal firewall is disabled. You can enable it from the main program window by clicking Enable filtering mode.
This is how it is in my case:
Product not activated: As far as I now my version of ESET was activated from the start. I also have problem finding Product activation option in the top right-hand corner of the main menu?
Username and Password not entered correctly: I am not geting any message like "wrong username/password", only when I click on "Update virus signature database" ESET starts updating and then username/password window popups with already remembered user./pass. and I click OK, ESET then countinues to "update" for 1-2 seconds and then again username/pass. window popups? So, I don't get any message type of "incorrect username/pass." but still that small window always popups??
Real-time file system protection: I am sure this part is ok and that this is not cause of my problem
License is expired: I never received this type of message on first ESET screen and I doubt this could be the reason
ESET Personal firewall is disabled: no problem here also, I double-checked it
Any help is appreciated and many thanks in advance for prompt replys.