I'm having a problem with Google search results redirecting to advertisements. I can usually click the back button on my browser a few times to get the page I wanted. I'm using firefox, but it happens in IE as well. Additionally, when I shut down, or restart the machine, I get a message saying explorer.exe is not responding. I'm running Windows XP.

The Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool and ATF-Cleaner ran without any problems. Nothing was found by the Microsoft tool.

I got an error message when trying to run GMER. It read "LoadDriver("C:\DOCUME~1\hharner\LOCALS~1\Temp\awryipob.sys" error 0xC000010E: Cannot create a stable subkey under a volatile parent key." GMER opened, but most of the options were greyed out. I was able to run it with "services", "registry", "files", and "ADS" selected. Both logs are blank notepad documents.

When I double clicked on dds.scr, all I got was a notepad page with mostly gibberish on it. I could not get any logs from it.

Malwarebytes didn't find any problems, but here is the log:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1.1000
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.04.03.11

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13
hharner :: HHARNER1 [administrator]

4/3/2012 4:03:26 PM
mbam-log-2012-04-03 (16-03-26).txt

Scan type: Full scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 290908
Time elapsed: 44 minute(s), 33 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

Sorry I was unable to get a lot of the requested information. Let me know if there's anything else I can provide you with.

Upgraded to Windows 7 from XP. No remaining problems. Thanks for looking.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.