Hello,

Today, seemingly at random, my laptop seems to be running quite slow. I haven't changed anything lately.

To be more specific, my laptop seems to be lagging and has intermittent "pauses". Also when I watch a youtube video or try to skype there seems to be a stutter or buzzing sound occuring along with the "pause". Similar to this, it happens about 2 second in. Sorry for bad quality, it isn't my video It is quite random, but seems to happen more often when I run a lot of programs or have a lot of tabs open in Chrome.

Note: Yesterday, out of the blue. My computer screen froze and became unresponsive. Then 3-4 seconds later my mouse froze. During this time I could steal speak to my friend on Skype and I could hear him too. Then my laptop made a lout beeping noise and went back to normal. The rest of the day, nothing else happend.

If you need any more information just ask :) Thanks for reading and I hope you can help!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

A note: At idle my Physical Memory usage is about 50 % (I have 4gb memory installed) which seems high to me, although I may be wrong, I don't know too much about computers. Also I have around 87 processes running, which seems odd to me.

I have windows 7 64-bit.

I assume you are running some version of Windows? If so, then you probably do have a virus or a trojan of some sort that is trying to steal your secrets (passwords, bank account ids, etc). What anti-virus are you running?

I'm running Microsoft Secuirty Essentials, and yes I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

I ran a virus scan with MSE and it didn't find anything. The problem still persists.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.