Hello,

I got really annoyed today. I was even hitimg my mouse into table. I can't stand those search engines.

Gooogke is best search engine, so why do I ever need those another autoinstalling without asking me? Those no name, like babylon search and so on.

I delete them and they are added again after some time.

How google chrome can let do this if google is best. Or do they think google is not best. I cannot understand.

Also if they don't care maybe there is some people who care and know how to not allow installing those no name search engines?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

What are you talking about?

Google Chrome isn't going to install a search engine, Google Chrome is a browser and it shall allow you to choose what search engine you use.
If the default search engine is being changed automatically then you either have some malicious program executing (and I suggest you run a scan etc.) or you are missing the select box which comes when you install most software from the internet, such as:

'Would you like to install XYZ AntiVirus with your Product'
'Would you like to install XYZ Toolbar with your Product'

Google Chrome isn't going to install a search engine, Google Chrome is a browser and it shall allow you to choose what search engine you use.

I mean when I open new tab, it opens some search engine page. Or when I type in the address bar, it also searches not with google, but some other.

If the default search engine is being changed automatically then you either have some malicious program executing

I doubt that, I am using microsoft security essentials and one guy who worked in antispyware company said that this AV is one of the best.

or you are missing the select box which comes when you install most software from the internet, such as:

Usually I look when I am installing, but who knows, maybe there are programs which do not even ask, and install those searches.

I will try to scan. But really wish that there should be some extention which does not allow to change default search engine unless I aggree; or native option.

The problem is, you can't simply block the browser from changing the default search engine because then you wouldn't be able to change it.
If it is a virus, or some form of program installed as a bundle then you shall be either authorising it when you run the program or it shall authorise it self, so the browser thinks you have made the change.

The problem with Antivirus software aswell, regardless of whether it is considered very good is that the majority of viruses are only detected once they enter the system, and with new ones coming out every day it is impossible to keep them all out.

try running this program to scan and clean the computer
Click Here

The problem is, you can't simply block the browser from changing the default search engine because then you wouldn't be able to change it.
If it is a virus, or some form of program installed as a bundle then you shall be either authorising it when you run the program or it shall authorise it self, so the browser thinks you have made the change.

Then it could make it unchangable without some password :) I never change it anyway, google is the best so far, so until there is no better engine, I am not changing it.

@caperjack - I will try

malvare bytes quick scan did not found malvare

Check installed programs and try to find any toolbars etc. which you haven't installed, if that fails then check your settings in Google chrome, make sure you delete and not just disable the toolbars (even though disabling should work, best to be on the safe side).

malvare bytes quick scan did not found malvare

run the full scan ,for bes results

made full scan - found couple of trash. Deleted them, will see if that helps. Thanks for now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.