Hi , my computer was running slow , acting weird , getting pop ups , etc . I ran an anti spy , malwarebytes , & my virus scan ... Overkill yes but thecomputer is now clean . Problem is I not only lost the viruses / spyware , I Also lost my internet connection . I tried Firefox & win ie but nothing . My WiFi is workin on everything else just this computer has no connection immedeiately following the removal off the files found on my scans . Please help me get this fixed if there is a way. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

you continue with network problems?

Jump to Post

Perhaps you could post a list of the files in your Malwarebytes and AV bins, in order for us to see what was corrupted but important.
On another system please download Farbar Service Scanner to a UFD; run the program on your unconnected system and present the report here.

Jump to Post

All 12 Replies

you continue with network problems?

Computer works but internet connection is gone

Perhaps you could post a list of the files in your Malwarebytes and AV bins, in order for us to see what was corrupted but important.
On another system please download Farbar Service Scanner to a UFD; run the program on your unconnected system and present the report here.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/

i advice doing the: Internet Options - Advanced - Reset
try these and tell me if works

Dukane .... Thanks , winsockfix took care of my problem and it only took like 10 seconds to do so , rebooted and now workin great . Thanks again

gotta love that winsockfix ,hasn't been updated since 2004 and it still works ,i use to use it all the time years ago

very good answer i might try that when a virus does strip away my internet like bacon cooking on a frying pan

This is why I don't run Windows except on my company laptop, and that is seriously hardened against stuff like this. I am posting this from Firefox running on a clone of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

Thanks! the above discussion is useful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.