Hello everyone,

Here is a problem with my PC. The PC runs for a while connected to the internet and suddenly a blue screen pops up and says some error codes and Says "If this is the first time you are seeing this restart your comp if else go to........"

I dont know how this info will help you answer my problem.. But What is this thing that is going on?

Please Help

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

be nice if you put up the error codes instead of that sentence.

The PC runs for a while connected to the internet and suddenly a blue screen pops up

Does this occur only when you are connected, or does it happen at other times as well.

says some error codes and Says "If this is the first time you are seeing this restart your comp if else go to........"

gerbil is right- posting the full and exact error message that the blue screen gives you will help us, because the alphanumeric codes in the error actually do mean something.

Also- if this is the same computer that we're working on in this thread, let's keep all discussion of that machine in that thread. It would be a Bad Thing to be working on two different problems at the same time, especially when one of the problems involves malware infections.

Hi,
I had to wait a long time to get to see that message again on my computer. and Guess What? I have the entire screen typed for you: I need your Help to solve this problem:

Here is what the Blue screen said:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your Computer.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. if this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows Updates you might need.
if problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safemode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced statup options, and then select safe mode.
Technical information:
***STOP: 0X000000D1 (OX0001F000, 0X000000FF, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
Begining dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance. "

I hope you have a solution for this problem. :)

and this pc is not the One i was talking about in ads.first solution.

I am sure there is some kind of fatal system error or a file is gone missing. I dont know what actually that is thats why i sent to you the entire screen.

Thanks

ok, i'm going to assume straight off that you have not done anything like installing new hardware or drivers such as they suggest in the message. As a first step, and because it happens infrequently, please make sure that the fan cooling your CPU is functioning correctly [either a surface mounted type or a ducted unit] and that the fins are not clogged because overheating can cause this type of interrupt-related problem. Roost those spiders outta there.
Secondly, if this only occurs when you are connected to the internet I would suspect the NIC [network interface card] card if you have one [do you?] and/or its driver. Uninstall and reinstall, or update, the driver... Also with the machine powered down unplug and replug the NIC card.
Some sites will mention IRQL "conflicts" but these are not relevant to XP, and you cannot change them anyway. XP handles IRQs quite capably. Normally.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.