I'm having problems with my internet explorer/firefox. Everytime i go to look at videos at steakandcheese.com or other video streaming sites my cpu usage goes to 100 the video doesnt play and my computer either crashes or i have to slowly use task manager to close internet explorer/firfox(problem is the same on both).

I have 1 gig of ram pentium 4 a 6200 geforce vid card Windows xp proffesinal. I have tried avg free edition mcafree antivirus spyware doctor amust registry cleaner spybot search and destroy and also adware se. some of these programs saw and got ride of trojons and other nasty stuff as far as i can tell everything works fine the desktop wouldnt let me put in a differnt backdrop but i fixed that. Only problem now is when i go to sites to watch and click on the page that loads a video it makes my computer slow down and/or crash. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be highly apreciated thanx allot [IMG]http://www.cnet.com/i/mb/emoticons/happy.gif[/IMG]

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

have you tried updating your codec packs, and updating your WMP?

yes ive installed the newest wmp and installed big codecc packs

yes ive installed the newest wmp and installed big codecc packs

there's a new codec pack around, called CCCP. during installation it gives an opportunity to reset all media playing settings.
you should try it.

That didn't work for me either. I did find out that youtube videos work but many other sites with videos don't. Got any other ideas i can try?

looks like you have a problem with playing videos with Windows Media Player, while everything else (youtube uses flash) works.

I'm no pro in these matters, but I'd try clearing out the IE cache before starting to google and eventually reformatting :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.