It's a really weird sorta hijacker, and I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of it, and have no idea where I got it...

Any time I do a Google search, the list of results comes up, as usual, but when I click on a link, it directs me to some other random adware/malware/whatever-type website. But after I click the back button and try again twice, it goes away.

It's consistently a problem with Google, though it may be a search engine thing (it sometimes happens with Yahoo or AOL, though not as often) -- and it's definitely only an IE problem, because Netscape is fine.

I've tried HijackThis, and it doesn't do anything. (Maybe I'm not deleting the right programs, but I can't figure out what else to get rid of!) I've tried a few different Trojan/Spyware removers (Spybot, AdAware, AVG Anti-Spyware, AOL SSC, TrojanHunter, Browser Hijack Recover), and none of them seem to work, either.

Anyone have any idea what's up?

I would suggest that you restore everything you 'fixed' with hijackthis. reboot, rescan with hijackthis and post the log back here. Hopefully you haven't deleted something that is critical :D.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.