Does anyone know what thnall1t.exe is? Should I be worried? It recently starting showing up on my computer trying to access the internet. Symantec denies it access to the internet but is unable to delete it. I ran SpyBot search and destroy. It cleaned up some files but not thnall1t.

13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by crunchie

Try clearing out your temp internet files first, then the other temp folders. C:\windows\temp & there is one in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp

If it is still there after that, Download HijackThis from here & unzip it into it's own, permanent folder, (Not a temporary folder or the desktop & not directly on your hard drive).
If you have anything disabled in MsConfig, please re-enable it/them.
Start HJT & with all browser windows closed, press the scan button. When the scan is finished the scan button will change to save. Save the log to a text file, copy the entire contents of the text file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is harmless & even necessary to the running of your system.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.