Does anyone know what thnall1t.exe is? Should I be worried? It recently starting showing up on my computer trying to access the internet. Symantec denies it access to the internet but is unable to delete it. I ran SpyBot search and destroy. It cleaned up some files but not thnall1t.

Try clearing out your temp internet files first, then the other temp folders. C:\windows\temp & there is one in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp

If it is still there after that, Download HijackThis from here & unzip it into it's own, permanent folder, (Not a temporary folder or the desktop & not directly on your hard drive).
If you have anything disabled in MsConfig, please re-enable it/them.
Start HJT & with all browser windows closed, press the scan button. When the scan is finished the scan button will change to save. Save the log to a text file, copy the entire contents of the text file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is harmless & even necessary to the running of your system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.