Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Well, i just wanted to know which antivirus software is good and works well and of course successsfully remove these malwares.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Yeah, I agree, Trend Micro products are really good. In fact, in the latest issue (sept 2007) of Consumer Reports Magazine, Trend Micro Internet Security 2007 was named best internet security suite. Here's the complete list from that article:

1. Trend Micro ('PC-cillin') Internet Security 2007 (now referred to as "Trend Micro Internet Security 2007")

2. Check Point ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7.0

3. McAfee Total Protection 2007

4. McAfee Internet Security Suite 2007

5. Microsoft Live OneCare

6. BitDefender Internet Security 10

7. F-Secure Internet Security 2007

8. Symantec Norton 360

9. Symantec Norton Internet Security 2007

I'd rate Kaspersky first on my list.

Webroot's Spy Sweeper with Antivirus or PC Tools Internet Security are two of the best. Norton is a resource hog.

I think this should suffer a little update :)

Dude! Ya' think?! Anyone have the latest scoop on antivirus software / suites?

Help please!

Happy Holidays

Eva5

Hi all -- after some recent (and still on-going -- see my thread elsewhere in this forum =P) virus/malware trouble, I'm trying to make sure I've got decent AV/FW software. I get my AV -- McAfee VirusScan Enterpise 8.0 -- free through my university affiliation; are any of the free options out there superior to it?

And I recently installed ZoneAlarm after using only the Windows Firewall; is Comodo superior enough to it to make switching worth the relatively minor trouble?

Thanks!

Hi all -- after some recent (and still on-going -- see my thread elsewhere in this forum =P) virus/malware trouble, I'm trying to make sure I've got decent AV/FW software. I get my AV -- McAfee VirusScan Enterpise 8.0 -- free through my university affiliation; are any of the free options out there superior to it?
And I recently installed ZoneAlarm after using only the Windows Firewall; is Comodo superior enough to it to make switching worth the relatively minor trouble?

That's a pretty subjective question - very open to opinion.

If you are getting McAfee for free, I'd probably stick with that for the time being. Just keep it up to date! If you add some complementary "real-time" anti-malware protection such as WinPatrol, that might help as well....

If I am not mistaken, the McAfee suite also includes a firewall, so running an additional firewall could be problematic. I could be wrong - you'd need to verify this in McAfee.

-- Hopefully one of the volunteers will be able to have a look at your thread and advise you further. Rough going this time of the year with the holidays and all....

Cheers :)
PP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.