How do I set IE 6.0 from allowing other webpages to place sex links in my favorites? Everytime I start IE 6.0 the first time after booting there is sex links that are in my favorites. I didn't place them there and I'm the only one that uses this 'puter.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm sorry, georgia_dogg, but you DID place them there - at least you allowed them to be placed there in any case. You've allowed your system to become infected with spyware/malware.

Read the "Helping Yourself: What to do first" topic in the Security Forum section for advice.

Get a few programs downloaded to combat the spyware/malware etc. Just keep them updated etc.

LittleMan

Get a few programs downloaded to combat the spyware/malware etc. Just keep them updated etc.

LittleMan

Definitely. Putting not-so-favorites into your Favorites folder is a comon tactic of spyware; you'll need to disinfect your system. Read the thread Catweazle mentioned to find out how to do that.

Moving to the Security forum...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.