Hello All, I ran Mcafee and its says I have the New Win32 virus (sigh) and it cannot be fixed. PLEASE help me

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Update your Virusscan and run scan in safe mode.

Update your Virusscan and run scan in safe mode.

Hello, I do it but I have the virus yet.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

In which file name and path it shows virus detection..go to start>type msconfig and press ok. This will lauchs the Configuration utility. Go to the startup tab and look for that virus path if its there uncheck it and restart your system and then start scan.
Or
If you know the name of that virus file press alt+ctrl+del and end that process immediatly and scan for virus. You can also quarantine the virus and delete it manualy.

Please download and install AVG antispyware tool

• Close all other Applications Select language click Ok
  • Click I Agree
  • Click next
  • Click Install
  • Click Finish
  • Wait and AVG antispyware will open to the main screen automatically.
  • Wait again a few minutes and AVG antispyware Should Auto update itself. If it doesn't click update at top of screen.
  • It is very important that you get updated
  • When updating has finished. Close AVG antispyware.

If you have an "always on" connection to the internet, physically disconnect that connection until you are finished with Safe Mode and have rebooted back into normal mode.

• Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear use arrow up to highlight
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode hit enter.
  • For additional help in booting into Safe Mode, see the following site: HERE

You MUST manage to get into Safe Mode for the fix to work.

Make sure to close all open windows/programs/folders. Have nothing else open while AVG antispyware performs its scan!

• Run AVG antispyware.
  • Click on scanner at top of AVG antispyware screen.
  • Click on Settings.
  • Under How to Act click on Recommended Action and choose Quarantine.
  • Under How to scan all boxes should be selected.
  • Under Possibly unwanted software all boxes should be selected.
  • On right side under Reports: click on Do not automatically generate report after every scan.
  • Under What to scan select scan every file.
  • Click On scan Tab.
  • Click on Complete system scan.
  • Let the program scan the machine It can take awhile give it time.
  • When scan has finished at bottom of screen click Apply all Actions.
  • Click Save report
  • Click Save Report as (Save as window's screen should pop up.)
  • Click desktop.
  • Click Save.
  • Exit AVG antispyware.

Reboot back to normal mode.
Post the log here.

Download HijackThis from here. Download it to your desktop and NOT a temporary folder.
Start HJT & press the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. When the scan is finished a window will pop up giving you the option of where to save it. Save it to desktop where it is easy to access. Open the log file and copy the entire contents of the file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is necessary for the running of your system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.