Hi,

In C drive I am having window XP and in D drive I am having Windows 2003 server.
And I have 3 more drive, so when I installing Linux OS, after the step “Select a Language” it asking source of the OS “CD ROM, ISO Image, FTP, HTTP, HARD DRIVE”. When I select the option “CD ROM”, because I am installing form CD only.
And it shows that “CD ROM” drive not found.

Can you please help me in this issue.
Mail to this mail id: Removed.

Edited by PhilliePhan: Removed E-Mail Addy

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by nileshgr

Try it on another machine. If it doesn't work then the CD is defective.

Edited by nileshgr: n/a

That's very funny. Report to the place from where you got the CD. Are you sure your drive is working fine ?

Put a windows installation disk in the machine you're trying to install and see if that works. If it does then you might have a driver issue. What type of CDROM is in the Linux machine? I know when SATA drives first came out I had a lot of problems getting linux install cds to work.

CD is fine. I installed windows in c drive. I cant able to installed has a dual boot. But in VMware I can able to installed linux, but there I cant able to mount my CD, CDROM is not detecting.

I think the CD doesn't have driver for your CD Drive. What version are you trying to install ? RH 9 ?

But CD Drives & HDDs drivers are usually available with all oses. Try some new version of Linux.

I think the CD doesn't have driver for your CD Drive. What version are you trying to install ? RH 9 ?

But CD Drives & HDDs drivers are usually available with all oses. Try some new version of Linux.

I agree. This happens to me every time I try to install linux. Thats what you get for using new hardware....

You are having a Driver Issue, Try to install using another CD-Rom Drive.

Votes + Comments
Its quicker than fixing the problem :)

You are having a Driver Issue, Try to install using another CD-Rom Drive.

That's a good solution :)

You can use some 5-6 year old drive ;)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.