How do you get your recent vi command history to show up? I keep randomly getting like my previous 5 commands and can't figure out how I'm doing it. I think it has something to do with the shift key and another button. I know you can use the up and down arrows, but I know there's a way to see the recent commands.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The up and down arrow keys show you're last command

http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Using_command-line_history

How do you get your recent vi command history to show up? I keep randomly getting like my previous 5 commands and can't figure out how I'm doing it. I think it has something to do with the shift key and another button. I know you can use the up and down arrows, but I know there's a way to see the recent commands.

I want the recent commands.

q: ? Sorry missed the arrows part the first time q colon does a little menu maybe you did that instead of :q

q: ? Sorry missed the arrows part the first time q colon does a little menu maybe you did that instead of :q

Correct :). Thx for figuring that out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.