I am running Knoppix in text mode (using command 'Knoppix 2') in my system with 32Mb RAM, celeron 300 Mhz processor. But i m having 2 problems with it:-

1) If i leave it for sometime then it goes in standby mode n doesnt respond if i press keys or move the mouse(ie- it hangs). What can i do for this?

2) The font size of text in the text mode is quite small. How can i increase it?

If anybody knows the solution then plz help.

Akshey

I'll have to study on question number 2, but I can pretty easily answer your second question:

Before you do anything else in Knoppix, type in setterm -blank 0 at the shell prompt. That will stop the screen from blanking out.

My machine doesn't have any issues with freezing up, but that's a pain in the rear to me, too, as I'm not concerned about screen burn-in, and sometimes I leave my desk, but still want to watch if something's still compiling or running.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.