Hi guys i downloaded the knoppix live cd and burned it and all went fine. except its in German...i cant read german. Is there an english version. Or another Live CD you recommend?

12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tayspen

Next time, download the one that has "en" in the filename, not "de". ;)

Lol, yea i relized that. But linux caused quite a scare for me ;) . I had to repair my master boot record :evil:.

Well, i decided to try again, using only a live CD, so there was nothing to install. That way the chance of messing up windows is slim (right?). Any ways, i am looking to get tthe knoppix live CD. main site located located here.

Correct me if im wrong. but this

http://www.artfiles.org/knoppix/KNOPPIX_V3.8.2-2005-05-05-EN.iso *Edit*: Or do i want the one farther done on the page?* The 4.x.x version and not hte 3.x.x

is the only thing i need to boot into it (like a live CD, no install nessecarry), right? And thats in english right? And there is no way i can mess up windows, right?

Sorry about all the questions but thjis is my first time with linux, and i dont want to mess up.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.