im not sure... I would recommend using the second one from the bottom.. the netinstall.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Erm, but I've already spent all this time downloading the cd-1 iso.

And jbennet said all you need is cd 1 and 2, so I presume he meant cd-1 and cd-2?

but the netinstall cd is only 130 mb...

yeah then you just download wat you need, youll end up downloading about 750mb with the netibstall cd anyway for a decent GNOME install

> but the netinstall cd is only 130 mb...

who cares what cd he downloads as long as he downloads it. after all, the final product is what matters.

>yeah then you just download wat you need, youll end up downloading about 750mb with the netibstall cd anyway for a decent GNOME install

thats why you install a better wm than gnome...

Guys, problems. I put cd-1 and it after a little while it returns a msg saying "failure please check the integrity of your cd-rom".

Looks like I'm gonna have to find another. Doh. (cd-rom drive that is)

it means the disk is bad , try reburning

those cd-rs are very reliable! (lol)

you know how to check the MD5sum right?

Nope, tried it with a fresh iso of cd-1, it worked on another system buts fails on the one in question.

Again same error msg. Please check the integrity of the cd-rom. Do I need a new cd rom drive?

you should probably swap it out with a good known one and then try it.

Sounds like a logical idea. However, the only cd-rom drive that I know works is the one I have in my machine and I'm scared to take it out, cos I bet you when I put it back in something won't work. Arrgh. :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.