Hello, I'm looking for assistance in setting up IP Port Forwarding using my mac as a server. I would use my router, but i has problems being directly connected to my internet connection.

I was using a Linux box running Fedora Core 3 and IP Tables. The machine more or less blew a fuse and I had an extra mac that was not being used so I decided to set it up. But I cannot get it to forward ports to my internal network. I mainly want to forward ports for VNC use on my WinTel box that does not have ssh.

I tried the 2 programs that Yellow recomended and sun doesn't work with 10.4 and brick doesn't do it as far as I can tell.

If you could lend some advice on command line usage of ipfw that would be great.

Contributors
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by kc0arf

Hello,

I have done some searching on IPTABLES and OSX, and have not found anything to help you out with. My only mac with OS X on it does not have two network connections, so I am not able to try anything and test it either.

I also moved the post out of the tips and tricks area, so that others can find it. Perhaps Yellow has seen something else that may work.

Christian

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.