Help. I'm having trouble opening a file that ends in .snp. I'm in the army and receive files from them in this format. I've tried everything I know but no luck. I've done google searches for translators and tried every program on my computer. The only thing I can do at this point is email the file to myself at work and open them on the PC I use there. I have MS Office at home, but when I try to open the file, it opens it as an excel file that appears as a bunch of symbols/letters/numbers making no sense.

Can anyone help?
Thanks!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by chendo

Hello,

On your PC at work, what program opens and shows the file properly? That would be the first part to see if we can find a Mac OS solution for you.

For example, does the PC open up Word? Pixelpaint? A web browser?

Thanks,

Christian

I'll check that at work today and get back to you, thanks for responding.

Jill

Christian,

At work on the PC, the program used to open the file was snapshot viewer. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jill

Jill,

Microsoft has shafted us red-headed stepchildren again. Would that Apple of yore had had prices competitive with DOS/Windows machines 15 years ago -- Apple would dominate the market today and we would not be having this discussion.

I sent the file to a Windows user and had him print it as pdf.

Walt

Hello Jill,

It is possible that you might be able to use Virtual PC to run a Windows on your Mac, and work with the files that way. I did a search on the file format, and it doesn't seem like there is a converter available. Perhaps your source of the files can send them to you in a different format, like a .jpg or perhaps a .png that is more universal, and that your Mac can work with.

Christian

attach your file to an email addressed to pdf@koolwire.com and it will come back in a couple of minutes converted to PDF and you should then be able to read it!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.