I have been chasing this problem for a while now and everything I see is oriented to converting wmv and avi files to something that iMovie can read. My question is, wouldn't it be more simple to fix iMovie to read these files? That's something you would only have to do once instead of altering every file to accommodate iMovie. Often, you would then need to convert them back to something else after editing.

Or would it be easier (and cheaper) to just get a different editor and dump iMovie?

Otherwise, I love my Mac. :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

:S
To use Mac files on a Windows computer, save the files being transferred in a format that can be read on both Macintosh computers and PCs, such as Microsoft Word or PowerPoint...
:$

ahihihi, I think you missed the point. It is iMovie that I need to do something about. I have OpenOffice that handles all the MS office-type files with little problem.

It is importing wmv and avi files into iMovie that I want to fix. Fortunately, Flip4Mac seems to have made it possible. At this point, everything seem to be OK.

commented: sorry... +1

ahihihi, I think you missed the point. It is iMovie that I need to do something about. I have OpenOffice that handles all the MS office-type files with little problem.

It is importing wmv and avi files into iMovie that I want to fix. Fortunately, Flip4Mac seems to have made it possible. At this point, everything seem to be OK.

I won't know if I get the point, but you could convert the AVI or WMV to flash with a ScreenShow programm. Then you could see the flash on any Plattform or take it to the Web. But I guess you like to have a special iMovie converter.

I won't know if I get the point, but you could convert the AVI or WMV to flash with a ScreenShow programm. Then you could see the flash on any Plattform or take it to the Web. But I guess you like to have a special iMovie converter.

The point was, I don't want to have to convert each and every .wmv or .avi file to use them in iMovie. Fortunately, as I said above, Flip4Mac Pro has solved all of that and I can load any file I have into iMovie and make a video out of it. So the problem is solved.

Thanks to everyone for the replies, but this is no longer an issue. perhaps the moderator will lock the thread?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.