GuyClapperton 12 Staff Writer

We've just had a public holiday in the UK. On the last Monday of August nobody works, including the postal delivery men. Which is probably why it wasn't until this morning that I received my copies of Snow Leopard - one for the laptop and one for the desktop - for the Mac.

An Apple OS upgrade. This has always been exciting, with major stuff added, easier and better displays and so on.

Not this time. I have it on good authority that if you're working with Microsoft Exchange then it's an excellent thing and will make your system integrate much better. I'm not entirely convinced that community shouldn't just use Windows anyway, I have to confess. Probably someone, somewhere knows.

Outside of that, an extra keyboard and character viewer on the screen might come in useful - although I'm writing in English we have a lot of contacts on this side of the Atlantic who have a number of accents etc. in their name so easy access to those will be good. Easy access to recent documents just became simpler, although I see the stack of downloads on the launch bar has vanished by default.

And...er...that's it. Nothing more to report. Possibly one of the most-hyped but dullest responses ever. I forget who Tweeted last week that it was a service pack, but...it's a service pack.