A variety of problems seem to have invaded my G4. A tech at CompUSA suggested a virus or spyware, but I don't think he knew it was a Mac.
Symptoms include: Sluggish, longer startups; all icons vanished off desktop; unable to upload audio files for months; error message for clock/date when nothing is wrong; browsers sluggish, even stopping during loads. I wondered if a low battery could cause these problems. Any ideas? Rob

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Unlikely on a low battery.. but that might explain the clock problem (a dead battery).

How much free disk space do you have?

Do you see these issue when logged in as another user (create if need be)?

There's 6.9G unused on the primary drive (a 20G drive) and over 50G on the other (a 120G drive). Is there a way for hackers to enter via the ethernet? I've noticed that if I disconnect its cable and then reconnect it, these symptoms seem to clear up if only temporarily. Then maybe I'm imagining it. I'll try the other user idea and see if that helps. Thanks, Rob

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.