my windows machine wont boot...it gives me a "c:\windows\system32\config is corrupt or missing"...what can i do....

but when i slaved this drive in another machine to take out some data ...i saw something very surprising....all the data in this drive is gone and replaced by data from another drive that was connected to this drive (after i had scanned it for virus i put it back in its machine with another drive in slave position)
all data from this (slave)drive is now visible in my primary drive(the one with the corrupt error)...i am trying to get to my original data...please help....how can this be possible...the data has to be present somewhere....some system code must have been overriden by something...please help...

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

thanks..abit long but good...

thanks..abit long but good...

for such a serious problem the fixes are usually long .

Hey I have the same problem. What can I do ti eliminate this problem?
Thanks Ezeliek

Hey I have the same problem. What can I do ti eliminate this problem?
Thanks Ezeliek

read the link in post #2,if you don't understand that ,then take computer to repair shop ,or just reinstall windows xp if you know how to do that .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.