Hai Guys !

I'm new to this community.

I had purchased a Acer Extensa 5620 Notebook, and Vista Home edition.

The notebook is good and i'm happy about it, except, one problem.

When i try to load a movie or music CD, and play in the Windows Media player 11, i hear sound in the speakers, but when i jack in a head phone, i still hear sound in the speakers but not in my headphones.

I had installed Cyberlink Powerdvd too. In that i get audio in head phones and in teh speakers when i disconnect the headphones (media player also should do that i persume)

I tried all combinations to make it work, but all in vain.

Can someone help me?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

All Acer laptops have these problems because they use very cheap (bullshit) chips in their motherboards, particularly, Realtek audio chips mounted on it. Speakers will work but when you connect headphones to the jack, it will not send any output to headphones. I googled for hours and finally got this information. Two solutions: first one is to standby your laptop for 30 minutes and wake it up (don't use restart option): it may work sometimes, if not, second one is to cool your laptop put in a freezer for 1 hour and take it out and check, it sometimes works. Anyways, I decided to goddamn my existing Acer aspire 5572awxmi laptop and would buy a new Dell laptop.

I decided to goddamn my existing Acer aspire 5572awxmi laptop and would buy a new Dell laptop.

out of the the pot and into the fire.! good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.