My laptop is an Hp Paviliondv6233se and just recently i received a computer virus it is called (MS) antivirus. I tried to get rid of it by deleting some files in my windows registry but i gave up, then i downloaded malware bytes, and it deleted some files, but the little icons on the toolbar are still there. Now when i start my computer, the background is black and the only icon that now shows is the recycle bin. Can someone tell me how to reboot my computer to its original, so its like a just got it. Is there a way to do it without the CD or using system restore points because my laptop didn't have any system restore points. Like maybe theres a way to restore it in safe mode? Help would be really appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I also get the error message that says C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible. Access is denied.
what does mean, and what should i do with my laptop, is it unfixable?

reboot your computer. Watch the screen and when you see F10 System Restore, start pressing the F10 key repeatedly and the system will go into a Restore section that will allow you to get back your computer as it was when you took it out of the package. There's a partition on HP computers with the original files!

It sounds like your system is fairly new but you should back up all the files that you've created if you need them before you do this...the process will format your hard disk.

zeroth

hi i hav a e system el3102 laptop how do i reset it to factory settings ?

You should have some restore cds/dvds. What you generally do with these discs is put them in the drive and then restart the computer - the computer will boot up off the discs instead of the hard drive and provide a restoration environment of some sort that you can use to fix things.

hi, i have a pop up thats called about;blank whenever i try to go onto a webpage. i think its a virus but my anti software isnt picking it up. how do i get rid of it?

How do i reboot my fujitsu siemens laptop?

hi, i have a pop up thats called about;blank whenever i try to go onto a webpage. i think its a virus but my anti software isnt picking it up. how do i get rid of it?

it's not a virus it means there is no default homepage set on your internet browser.

hey there need help i install AVG in my laptop it's was working fine the next day when i used it after 10 minute the laptop freeze then i restart it when i restart it all the time just give me black screen please help on this

Closing thread. Everyone who is not the OP please start your own thread.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.