turn on computerand i get windows starting up then goes blank and restarts on it own all the time i have tried everything i have packard bell with windows xp it keeps going into start windows normaly and all the others tried alll them so looked thru the manual and tried a few things in that and got a blue screen saying a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer if this is the first time you seen this message restart your computer if this screen appears agin follow these steps disable or unistall any antivirus disk defragmentation or back up utilitys check your hard ddrive configuration and check for any updated drivers run chkdsk /f to check for hard drive corruption and then restart computer technical information stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x82354898,0xc0000102,0x00000000) please if some one could help me im using another computer to do this as i cant even get into the main munu on the other one

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Try a windows repair. If your PC came with a Dell back-up CD put that in CD drive and follow prompts. If not, put your windows XP Cd in and:-
To Repair Windows XP from your XP CD…..

1. Re-start PC with XP CD in drive (Have your serial number handy)
2. As your PC starts press “F12” for boot menu (Or what your PC may ask for)
3. Scroll to and select “boot from CD.”
4. At prompt “Press any key to boot from CD” Press “Any key”
5. In the Windows XP Setup window, Press “Enter” to set up windows XP, (Don’t worry, this is a repair only, not a fresh install.)
6. At next window, Press “F8” to accept license agreement
7. Wait until windows displays your current version of XP and asks “To repair the selected windows XP installation press R”
8. Press “R”
9. Enter serial number when prompted.
10. Wait for files to be copied (PC will indicate 39 mins, it will take a lot less.)
11. When asked to adjust Regional language options, click “Next” as it is still set.
12. PC will re-boot.
13. If you have AVG Free, copy serial number to a file as you will lose it on repair. After repair a window will pop up asking how you want to treat AVG, Click repair and when prompted enter serial number.
14. Check to see if problem still exists.

Ello puddin,
your error indicates that ntfs.sys cannot deal with your hdd. Could be the driver itself, but a problem with the hdd itself or some interference from your AV are possible. So if you cannot restart in safe mode to disable your AV and run chkdsk /f as sugggested then grab your installation cd and enter the Recovery Console, and run chkdsk from there.
Note the different parameters:
First run... chkdsk C: /p to check the disk; if it reports any errors then run.. chkdsk C: /r
[chkdsk /f is not valid with the RC, it works only in the OS].

it is most likely problem with ur hd , try to unplug hd , re-plug it , i mean its cables , and c if problem is there or not , or u can always use above 2 options too , but most likely it is hd error , whether bad sector or else

tried all of the above stil nothing cant get into anything at all not even main menu

Don't know what you mean by main menu.

What happens when you try to start in safe mode??

computer just keeps going back to safe mode window

did this happen as soon as you got the pc or after using it for some time? does the loading bar come up (i believe the main menu is the desktop)?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.