I have a PO form that I have created in Excel. It is set up as a template, and I would like to have a macro assign a sequentional number to the PO's as they are written. Does anyone know how to help me with this?

Thank you,
Tracy

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

possible to attached your PO form? Just put dummy data on it.. :)

When I try to upload it says invalid file? Can I email it to you?

uploading of excel file here in daniweb shoudln't be a problem...tried it a couple of times..can try again? what's the error when you upload?

uploading of excel file here in daniweb shoudln't be a problem...tried it a couple of times..can try again? what's the error when you upload?

Close this window Manage Attachments
Upload Errors
PO Template.xltm:
Invalid File
Upload File from your Computer

Upload File from a URL

This is the error message I get when I try to upload it.

try to put the file to a zip file, right click the file on windows explorer and use send to zip to convert the file to a zip file..then upload it here.. :)

try to put the file to a zip file, right click the file on windows explorer and use send to zip to convert the file to a zip file..then upload it here.. :)

Ok, here is the file...This is our PO template, I would like the template to open with a number, and then the next time it opens, open with the next number....say we start with 150001,150002, etc...

I hope you can help!!

Thanks for being patient!

Tracy

Hi tracy62, click on your company logo and the invoice number will automatically changed to the next PO number, hope that's what you want :)

Hi tracy62, click on your company logo and the invoice number will automatically changed to the next PO number, hope that's what you want :)

This will work, but I need to know how to make my starting # different, we have many supervisors, and they each have there own set of numbers...ex.. 12000, 13000, 14000...etc

I really appreciate your help!!

Thanks
Tracy

you mean different supervisors will have different PO number or what?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.