hey masters of computer I m also new here and i want help from u about recover some of my lost files and great wishes to u ..
I did lock some files by Free Hide Folder software. after a few days my brother install a new windows copy and format the C drive . But i sow that my locked files are not showing after install the new windows but my locked files were in E drive and I have no recover files of that .. but I am sure that the files are not gone because they took 10 GB space till now .. these files were Images , Videos .. so what can I do or how can I recover or get these files .. please tell me back elder brother .. i m in so much trouble now .. So please help me

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Depends a bit on how that pgm hides the files.... maybe by simply changing file attributes and names? If it does the job without encryption then it should not be too difficult to find them.

i locked that files by software .. for that the files were hidden . nobody can't sea that files without entering that software by password . after open that software it should be unlocked to sea files

Okay, try this: go Start, and run..
cmd
In the cmd window that opens enter...
attrib -r -s -h E:\* /s /d
Do you see any of your files now? Names may be changed..

Okay, that will not work, but I downloaded the software, used it to hide a test folder, and so have discovered what it does.. but now I am not sure whether I should tell you how to recover the files because in doing so I will ruin that piece of software for all. I shall have to ask a moderator.

Member Avatar for Nirvin M

Download and Install 7-Zip file manager and try opening the folders. It will show you all hidden files.

I am really so sad because of 7 zip file manager doesn't show my files :(
I think I have no way to open that files So i am very upset and crying :((

I am afraid this thread will now be closed before any further advice given comes under the 'Keep it legal' rule. ie: Do not ask for help to pursue any illegal activity including, but not limited to, hacking............
@ the OP. I suggest you seek tech support from the software manufacturers in question to see if they can assist you further.
Please do not start another thread with this same topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.