O.K Everyone!!!

I tried hibernating on my computer and it took...15 Min to hibernate!!!

I think this maybe a problem with the computer itself not the Windows OS!

javanoob101

Yow! Seems like it gets into the swing of hibernation really early on in the cycle... :)

now atlast what the solution for my problem

try using ccleaner to clean your old files and registry cleaner tool.

add more ram to you computer

Check boot setting of your system.

Check boot setting of your system.

thats what i donno what boot setting are to be set for my system, plz specify some settings.

Go into your bios at startup (before windows takes over) try pressing F2 or F10 or Del(delete button) hten look for something on "suspend to disk" or something

i agreed with capperjack above. Not enoguh ram will cause your laptop to be very slow, how many free space do you still left. 2GB ram is good unless you want a 4GB ram.

well i feel the only solution for my problem is to shutdown my pc rather than hibernating.

well i feel the only solution for my problem is to shutdown my pc rather than hibernating.

couldn't agree with you more !

Agreed but why did you come back and post after such a long time??:?:

guess they were still trying to solve it

Agreed but why did you come back and post after such a long time??:?:

actually i formated my pc and lost this thread in the format but while googling for the hibernation problem i came across this thread again so posted this reply

guess they were still trying to solve it

you are absolutely right

So it seems the format does not cure you of your hibernation. You can shut down instead of hibernating next time like what caperjack posted but sometimes you do need to hibernate your laptop. if you have been using that laptops for a long years you might consider changing it, Maybe that will solve your hibernation issue. Good luck:)

new laptops fix all sorts of problems with older laptops .lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.