Where is the location for temporary files of Firefox in Windows xp. I am asking for latest versions of firefox( 5.0 or higher)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

As far as I know, user configuration files are in c:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data (<= or however that is called in your language)\Mozilla.

Inside that folder you'll find one folder for extensions and another one for firefox, the latter contains the profile folder, which in turn contais a folder with a random name, the cache files are in there.

The thing ios that Firefox seems to store the cache in a single big file, so it's not like internet explorer.

In earlier versions of firefox I used to find a Cache folder where all my downloaded files are stored. But with the latest versions, I am able to find only some folders with random numbers inside Cache folder, I am not able to find the actual downloaded file.

The thing ios that Firefox seems to store the cache in a single big file, so it's not like internet explorer.

Do you mean to say, I wont be able to see the files as it is(May be wit some .tmp extension); seperate as in IE or even Chrome ?

In earlier versions of firefox I used to find a Cache folder where all my downloaded files are stored. ?

if you mean files you downloaded and not the saving of temp internet webpages ,then go to tools /general and it will show where all the files you downloaded are stored,not web pages, i personally don't use the term files when referring to web pages

I think he means the cached files, not the downloaded ones.

And yes, you can't see Firefox's cached files as easily as you can see Internet Explorer's. But I found this, it could be useful: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mozilla_cache_viewer.html

yeah ,that works ,there is 16,097 files in mine lol.time to empty it i guess,as soon as i find out how

Yeah .Right. It works. I dont know how I missed this. Infact, I have used videocacheview from the same company before and It is still there in my PC :'( Thanks a lot [+1] for reminding me about this and I need to upgrade my memory :-O

yeah ,that works ,there is 16,097 files in mine lol.time to empty it i guess,as soon as i find out how

If you want to empty the cache just press control+shift+delete (in a PC), it will bring up a menu from where you can choose what to delete, including cache files.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.