Hope you guys can help, I have a Gateway 400vtx with Windows Xp pro.The problem started a week ago with ie6 opening automatically, after a couple seconds more and more would open, I started by doing a Virus and spyware cleanup, It did not help same problem, I then did a complete format and reinstall of Windows Xp, same issue, i unplugged the keyboard
and the circuit board the houses the internet shortcut keys same problem internet explorer opens by itself, i installed firefox, then firefox started opening by itself along with IE6, I have even updated to IE7, Windows is completely up to date along with all drivers.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Che

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I am having a similar problem as well.

The past few nights, around the same time, now that I think of it, while I am on AOL, blank Internet Explorer pages will begin to pop up. This occurs at a very rapid rate. Approximately 50 will pop up, I will close the group, only to have it continue. When I am able to close and restart AOL, the problem goes away. I am on dialup.

I have checked my PC with Ad Aware, Spybot, McAfee, McAfee Stinger, and Housecall Antivirus and seen no problems. I run both the Windows & Zone Alarm firewalls.

Any thoughts?

Much thanks......

I think your guys need post a HiJackThis report, can let see if anything unusal

Hi

Did you ever resolve this? I know it's been a while but I have stared to have the same
problem

After re-installing everything and then anti-virusing completely it is better but still
pops up occasionally, sometimes 20 IE screens

Even if I move the page around a new pone opens to (I believe deliberatly) obsure
where IO was typing

I would think I have a virus "lurking" somewhere that is intercepting keystrokes

All my (several) AVs have not caught it

Did you fix it

Can anyone else help with ideas?

Thanks all

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.