Hope you guys can help, I have a Gateway 400vtx with Windows Xp pro.The problem started a week ago with ie6 opening automatically, after a couple seconds more and more would open, I started by doing a Virus and spyware cleanup, It did not help same problem, I then did a complete format and reinstall of Windows Xp, same issue, i unplugged the keyboard
and the circuit board the houses the internet shortcut keys same problem internet explorer opens by itself, i installed firefox, then firefox started opening by itself along with IE6, I have even updated to IE7, Windows is completely up to date along with all drivers.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Che

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by senrdev

I am having a similar problem as well.

The past few nights, around the same time, now that I think of it, while I am on AOL, blank Internet Explorer pages will begin to pop up. This occurs at a very rapid rate. Approximately 50 will pop up, I will close the group, only to have it continue. When I am able to close and restart AOL, the problem goes away. I am on dialup.

I have checked my PC with Ad Aware, Spybot, McAfee, McAfee Stinger, and Housecall Antivirus and seen no problems. I run both the Windows & Zone Alarm firewalls.

Any thoughts?

Much thanks......

I think your guys need post a HiJackThis report, can let see if anything unusal

Hi

Did you ever resolve this? I know it's been a while but I have stared to have the same
problem

After re-installing everything and then anti-virusing completely it is better but still
pops up occasionally, sometimes 20 IE screens

Even if I move the page around a new pone opens to (I believe deliberatly) obsure
where IO was typing

I would think I have a virus "lurking" somewhere that is intercepting keystrokes

All my (several) AVs have not caught it

Did you fix it

Can anyone else help with ideas?

Thanks all

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.