Psyrick 0 Newbie Poster

Can anyone please tell me what is wrong? Access keeps trying to tell me that I must install Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 so I downloaded the file and started to install it and suddenly the installer says that I already have a newer version than the one that I am installing. So I tried to open my file in Access again but it still says that I m ust install the Service Pack. I think Microsoft is schizo. :rolleyes:

My PC:
Pentium 4 3.00 GHz
1 Gig DDR 400
120 GB HDD
Installed Microsoft Windows XP Pro service pack 2
Microsoft Office 2003. service packs/updates are installed.

The Message:

Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 or later must be installed to block unsafe expressions without affecting common functionality.
The latest Microsoft Jet 4.0 service pack is available from Windows Update.

To block unsafe expressions, see the About Microsoft Jet Expression Service sandbox mode Help topic, which is available from the link at the bottom of this topic.

If the service pack is not applied:
Wizards and builders may not start.
Switchboards created by Switchboard Manager will fail.
The RunCode macro action for calling a Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) procedure will fail.
Event handlers that call VBA procedures will fail.
VBA procedures called from a property sheet or used in a SQL statement will fail.
Filtering on a hyperlink field will fail.
Some VBA functions called from a property sheet or SQL statement will fail.

More information about this error message online.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.