I cant find a file called wmdaud.cat and I need it for my onboard sound card... YAMAHA Native DS1 WDM Ive got the rest of he files .drv .ks .sys but all I need is this .cat file. I went to YAMAHA website but that doesnt seem to work.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I cant find a file called wmdaud.cat and I need it for my onboard sound card... YAMAHA Native DS1 WDM Ive got the rest of he files .drv .ks .sys but all I need is this .cat file. I went to YAMAHA website but that doesnt seem to work.

looks like you'll need a new software disk, i don't see that file anywhere on the web

Ya I went 2 driverGuide :confused: I searched/went/asked friends about it

i think i might have the same problem except that my volume control doesn't pop up and i don't have any sound. when i go to the device manager shows that device cannot start, even though the driver is listed. i have a sony laptop pcg-z505ls. if you need this driver try going to sony

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-swu.pl?mdl=PCGZ505LS

when i try to install, however...my computer crashes.
so gl 2u if it works. oh i've got win 2k

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.