hi, I recently got a radio shack usb hub. it is a high speed hub and is also powered. the computer I am trying to use this with is a Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop. I am running windows xp. My computer reads that there is a hub with 4 ports when viewing device manager, but not what I plug into it. I can not access anything thats plugged into the hub. windows troubleshoot is no help. it says that the device is in working order. what should I do :?:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Some devices have a hard time working on certain USB hubs. Let me guess it's a 4-port hub from some company in china and it costs you $10?

Buy name brand when it comes to USB hubs just words of wisdom. www.pcmall.com offers a 7-Port D-Link USB 2.0 for $35.00. What a deal, I setup 7 of those HUBS to one machine for a print server at work so far so good.

Always get named branded USB hubs.

hi, I recently got a radio shack usb hub. it is a high speed hub and is also powered. the computer I am trying to use this with is a Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop. I am running windows xp. My computer reads that there is a hub with 4 ports when viewing device manager, but not what I plug into it. I can not access anything thats plugged into the hub. windows troubleshoot is no help. it says that the device is in working order. what should I do :?:

Looks good to me. Someone else please advise I dont know what else to tell you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.