I don't know if this is even possible, but I have lost all of my digital pictures that I had saved on my computer. I deleted my account because it was messing up; my MSN browser wasn't working, etc. I didn't realize that it was going to delete all my pictures. I had system restore off because I read that spyware could "hide" in the files saved for system restore. (Not sure how that works but you get what I'm saying.) Is there any way at all to get my pictures back? I had so many important pics of the kids...births, birthdays, holidays, etc etc. I feel so horrible, and my husbands going to have a fit. This will teach me to not put off getting them printed.:rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Well, System restore wouldn't have helped you, because that only restores registry settings, and not necessarily files. One thing that I use personally to recover files that I've deleted can be found here:
http://www.pcinspector.de/download.asp?language=1#file_recovery
(This product is in no way supported by myself, or anyone here), but it is rather easy to use. Just open it, select the deleted files and restore the files that you want. Please keep in mind this only works if the inodes that the files *were* on, are still in tact.

I downloaded this...and I have no idea what any of it means. how frustrating!

sarah, here is a lil file, REST2514.exe, which may help. don't use your normal pc on the net until you recover your lost files.... this file has the advantage of being downloadable onto a floppy, can be unzipped to the same floppy, and run from the floppy - no installation is necessary. And put sys restore back ON. you only need to clear old entries if you get infected in a certain way.... and sys restore can make avilable old files occasionally.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html
[it's called restoration in this page..]

Well, System restore wouldn't have helped you, because that only restores registry settings, and not necessarily files. One thing that I use personally to recover files that I've deleted can be found here:
http://www.pcinspector.de/download.asp?language=1#file_recovery
(This product is in no way supported by myself, or anyone here), but it is rather easy to use. Just open it, select the deleted files and restore the files that you want. Please keep in mind this only works if the inodes that the files *were* on, are still in tact.

Thank You Thank You Thank You!! I finally figured this out, and this program FOUND THEM ALL!!! Of course like a big idiot I selected all the folders and tried to save them all at once and the program froze, so I had to close it out and I'm going to back to start over. But it did manage to save the first two folders, and I recognized the file names (the dates the pics were taken) So I know they are there, I've SEEN them!!! I am soooo excited!

Glad it worked for you :)

hei!!how are u all there??I 've got a simple question!!How can I find a lost windows account??I didn't delete it but when I opened my pc it wasn't there!!!can anyone help me??It is very important because i had many significant digital pictures there!!Is it possible to recover only the pictures??I don't mind for the account but only for the pictures!!plz help me!!

Look up a bit to my lockergnome post. Do you see the lost profile in Docs & Settings?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.