I copied folders/files to a back up hard drive. Now that I have reinstalled WIN XP on my primary hard drive. I can see however, I can't access all of the folders on the back up hard drive.
I get "The folder 'D:\name' isn't accessible. The folder may be located on an unavailable volume or protected with a password." message.
I did not password protect the folders. Other folders/files on the sames backup hard drive I can access. Any ideas on how to access all of the folders?
:rolleyes::?:

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

you need to mount it (give it a drive letter and tell xp what type it is) through control panel -> admin tools -> computer management -> volume management

Following your recommendations, I have looked under computer management but to no avail, I do not see 'volume managment'.

you need to mount it (give it a drive letter and tell xp what type it is) through control panel -> admin tools -> computer management -> volume management

your welcome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.