Hi, I have this HP PSC 2170 Series printer. I use Win Xp with everything updated. I have been using that printer for long time with no problem til now. I tried uninstalling the HP printer driver and reinstall it but this time it says I need to insert WIN XP SP2 cd in cd-rom. The problem is I dont have that. I downloaded the SP2 from Window update. Now my computer wont let me install that printer until I do that WIN XP SP2 cd. What can I do about this? Your help will be greatly appreicated. Thanks!:cry:

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Sorry. But theres no disc.
They mean by Windows XP SP2 disc which is the Windows XP Disc

The Windows XP master

Well, I do have that Window XP cd. You mean that it will fix the problem even tho it dont have SP2 in it?

Yes. It will do :)

Hi, I tried it but the message says in there that I am using newer version of WIN Xp and that if i go ahead with WIN Xp cd I will lose everything that was in there. So lookslike that didnt work bec of no SP2 in it.

I searched and found Microsoft Windows XP SP2 CD-ROM order form Here.

Hi, I went ahead and ordered it and I hope it fix the problem. So in mean time I will have to wait 3 or 4 weeks before it gets here.:sad:

Hi, I went ahead and ordered it and I hope it fix the problem. So in mean time I will have to wait 3 or 4 weeks before it gets here.:sad:

In my opinion this disk will not solve you problem,as its only the same install of sp2 that you downloaded, what you need to do is slip stream [ http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp ]sp2 into a copy of you xp disk or borrow a newer disk from a fried that has sp2 in it .

In my opinion this disk will not solve you problem,as its only the same install of sp2 that you downloaded, what you need to do is slip stream [ http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp ]sp2 into a copy of you xp disk or borrow a newer disk from a fried that has sp2 in it .

I checked it out and it looks like it too compliacted for me to even do that. Is there anyway to fix this?

I checked it out and it looks like it too compliacted for me to even do that. Is there anyway to fix this?

sorry none that I know .slipstreaming isn't as hard as it looks just follow the directions step by step .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.